If you try reloading the page or navigating to a different one, the message reappears the next time you use WebGL. In fact, you get the error message every time a web page tries to access WebGL. And once the error occurs, Chrome will not use WebGL on the same site again, until and unless you specifically reload it. So, the “Rats! WebGL Hit A Snag” message does not indicate continuous errors, but just that you have been making continuous attempts to use WebGL. You can fix the WebGL error and solve your page rendering issues by disabling hardware accelerated graphics from the settings in Google Chrome. Below you will get to know about WebGL hit a snag fix so you can solve WebGL hit a snag ignore or reload error easily.
- 1 What is WebGL?
- 2 How to Fix Rats! WebGL Hit A Snag
What is WebGL?
Usage of WebGL
WebGL acts as a thin sheet of cloth around OpenGL which is used for drawing 2D graphics (Low-Level Library). It helps in pushing data to the GPU, and execution of the specialized code on the GPU itself. WebGL is the easy and best way to bring 3D graphics and also 2D everywhere. Once written, it can run Everywhere. WebGL apart from used in 3D wed design and gaming, it also has amazed scientists for research and scientific works. A book named “Cellular Automata” has used this technology to simulate Debris flow. Did you know? NASA, Yes “NASA” developed an interactive web application called experience curiosity to celebrate the 3rd anniversary of the famous Curiosity rover landing on Mars.
- Also Read About: Best Trolling Websites
How to Fix Rats! WebGL Hit A Snag
Sometimes when using WebGL we have an error about the site crashing and telling us that WebGL is not supported. You will come across an error message saying “Rats! WebGL hit a snag” while surfing on Chrome browser. Even if we try to Reload the web page or try to go to another one, the message reappears. In fact, we get an error message every time browser try to access WebGL.
Note: This error message does not indicate continuous errors but appears whenever someone is trying to make constant attempts to use WebGL.
Fix #1. Disabling Hardware Accelerated Graphics in Chrome
So now you know about what do rats WebGL hit a snag mean and its time to tell you about the first method to fix it. We can fix this problem by disabling hardware accelerated graphics from the settings in Google Chrome. This is the easiest and perfect way to get rid of this problem without using any third-party tools or software. You can follow the steps mentioned below to solve it.
- Navigate to Chrome://Settings -> Show Advanced Settings.
- There you can see the option “Use Hardware Acceleration When Available”.
- If you have this option enabled in your browser, then Disable it.
- Restart your browser to make the changes live.
Fix #2. Disable WebGL From Chrome Flags
It is very unlikely that your problem still persists after following the above-mentioned method but if you encounter this error then there is another way to tackle it. There is another way to solve rats WebGL hit a snag Chrome error and you can do that by changing some options. Just follow the steps mentioned below and get rid of Chrome WebGL hit a snag error easily.
- Go to chrome://flags.
- Search for the option WebGL.
- If the option is enabled, then Disable this option using the drop-down menu.
- Now simply restart your browser.
Fix #3. Rats WebGL Hit A Snag Fix Chrome GPU
By using this method, you can figure out how to get rid of rats WebGL hit a snag and what exactly is making that error message pop. But as we said earlier WebGL error sparks WebGL error fix #1 and #2 will get the job done most of the time. Also, you must be aware of the settings or changes you are making to the system before saving them. So beware.
- Navigate to chrome://gpu/.
- A list of all settings based in GPU will be shown as a list.
- Just check for the warnings mentioned in the RED TEXT.
- Try to fix those problems and you will not get rats WebGL hit a snag error anymore.
Also Read About: How To Send Blank Message On WhatsApp
Fix #4. Reset Experimental Features To Default
If above-mentioned ways didn’t work for you, then you can follow this new method. In includes resetting the Google Chrome experimental features so they can work with default settings. Do note that this will not change any of your settings and your data won’t be lost. Doing this will just reset some of the Chrome features that work in the background, but the user can access to change them.
- First of all, go to chrome://flags.
- Now on the top-right corner of your window, you will find Reset All To Default option.
- Tap on that button and give your browser a few seconds to process your request.
- Once it is done, you will get a Relaunch Now button on the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Click on it to relaunch your Google Chrome browser and everything will be fixed.
Fix #5. Reset Google Chrome Settings
Many people out there think that WebGL hit a snag virus causes this problem, but that’s not true. That is why we have told above what is WebGL hit a snag, so you can get to know about it. This method of solving WebGL has hit a snag must be followed in the end when nothing above is working for you. It includes resetting of the Google Chrome browser which will reset all of its settings to default. Here’s how to do it.
- First of all open Google Chrome browser home page.
- Now click on 3 dots (menu option) from the top right corner of the window.
- From the drop-down list, click on Settings.
- A new page will open with Google Chrome settings.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- Now again scroll down to the end of the page and tap on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- You can find this option under Reset and Clean Up.
- A pop-up will appear on your screen.
- Just click on Reset Settings and wait for the process to finish.
- Once it is done, open the Chrome browser again and your problem will be solved.
So this is all about WebGL Chrome error and we hope you are able to fix WebGL issues in your browser now. Though there are many reasons why this error can occur in one’s computer but this problem can be solved easily by following the methods we have mentioned in this post. If you are getting no WebGL detected messenger games error on Facebook, even then you can try following these methods to solve it.
There might be many more ways available out there, but these rats! WebGL hit a snag error fixes works best among all. If you are looking for WebGL hit a snag Android error solutions then you read our post about it on Hacking News Tutorials. If you are still don’t know what is meant by rats WebGL hit a snag or you are facing trouble solving it, then let us know about it via comments below.