SP Flash Tool has the same functionality as ODIN for Samsung, but this one is used on Mediatek devices. SP Flash Tool allows you to flash stock firmware on MediaTek Smartphone and Tablets Only. It doesn’t support devices having chipsets other than MediaTek. Check how to Install Stock ROM using SP Flash Tool from below.
SP Flash Tool not only install stock ROM on MediaTek device but also bring bricked device back to normal. If you ever bricked your device or stuck at bootloop, you can easily unbrick MediaTek device using SP Flash Tool. Follow below steps to Flash MediaTek Stock ROMs With SP Flash Tool.
- Download the correct Stock Rom for your device.
- Download Latest SP Flash Tool
- MediaTek VCom USB drivers should be installed on your Computer
- Original USB cable and working PC.
- MediaTek based device
How to Install Stock ROM using SP Flash Tool
1) Download the latest SP Flash Tool from above and extract it on your PC.
2) Download the correct ROM for your device which you want to flash.
3) Now open flash_tool.exe as an administrator.
4) Click on the Download Tab the click on the scatter-loading button.
5) Now select the Scatter-loading file (It should be in Stock ROM Folder with file extension ‘.txt‘)
6) Click on the Download button and make sure all option is checked.
7) Now turn off your device and connect it to your PC via USB Cable with your phone with the battery in it.
8) Press Volume Down or Volume Up key, so that your PC detect your Device.
9) Once the Firmware Flashing process completes, a Green Ring will appear.
10) Done. Now disconnect your device and reboot your device.
This is the complete guide of How to Install Stock ROM using SP Flash Tool or how to Flash MediaTek Stock ROMs. If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section.