Android is one of the most popular mobile OS around the world, we all know that. Though this OS is flexible and you can customize your device according to your needs, still, there are some people who want to get more out it. By using flashing tools you can easily install other versions of Android OS on your device (if not officially available) and you can also use them to fix your devices. Furthermore, you can also download free VPN apps for Android from our blog.
Here in this SP Flash tutorial, we are going to tell you about how to flash stock ROM using SP Flash Tool on Android devices. SP Flash Tool which is also known as Smart Phone Flash Tool is a cross-platform application is used for flashing stock ROM, custom recovery, and fixing the hard brick devices. This tool has got a very user-friendly interface which makes it easier for everyone to flash their MediaTek devices like Coolpad, Micromax, Gionee, Tecno, Infinix, BML, etc.
SP Flash Tool has the same functionality as Samsung Odin, but this one is used on Mediatek devices only. You can use this tool to flash stock firmware on MediaTek smartphone and tablets devices. You must remember that SP Flash Tool doesn’t support devices having chipsets other than MediaTek. So don’t try to use it to flash devices on devices that aren’t running on MediaTek.
SP Flash Tool not only install stock ROM on MediaTek device but also bring the bricked devices back to normal. If you ever bricked your device or stuck at a boot loop, you can easily unbrick MediaTek device using this tool. You read the post below to know about how to flash the phone using SP Flash Tool.
What Is The SP Flash Tool?
SP Flash or Smart Phone Flash Tool is an application which can be used to flash stock as well as custom ROMs on Android devices. It is developed by MediaTek so this tool works only with MTK (MediaTek) based Android smartphones and along with flashing ROMs you can also use this tool to fix your Android devices. If you are looking for tools to fix smartphone problems like firmware update, flash recovery, unbrick bricked Android device, etc. then you can consider using SP Flash Tool 2019.
Another good thing about Smart Phone Flash Tool is that it is a cross-platform software so you can download it for Windows and Linux devices. Using this tool is very easy and a person with zero knowledge of flashing and ROM can use it to fix their devices.
- Also Download: Nova Launcher Prime APK
Smart Phone Flash Tool Features
- Flash Android stock ROM.
- Flash custom ROM.
- Fix bricked device.
- Memory testing and verifying.
- Read and write parameters.
- Erase/format or reset MTK based devices.
SP Flash Tool Requirements:
- SP Flash Tool latest version (download below).
- A Windows or Linux based device.
- An original USB data cable.
- Scatter files you need to flash.
- MediaTek USB-VCOM drivers.
How To Install Stock ROM Using SP Flash Tool
- Download the latest SP Flash Tool from above and extract it on your PC.
- Download the correct ROM for your device which you want to flash.
- Now open flash_tool.exe as an administrator.
- Click on the Download Tab then click on the scatter-loading button.
- Now select the Scatter-loading file (It should be in Stock ROM Folder with file extension ‘.txt’)
- Click on the Download button and make sure all option is checked.
- Now turn off your device and connect it to your PC via USB Cable with your phone with the battery in it.
- Press Volume Down or Volume Up key, so that your PC detect your Device.
- Once the Firmware Flashing process completes, a Green Ring will appear.
- Done. Now disconnect your device and reboot your device.
How To Flash Custom ROM Using SP Flash Tool
By following the above-mentioned method you will be able to install stock ROM on MediaTek devices. You can even download phone hacking apps for Android after flashing your device. If you want to install custom ROM on Android and flash smartphone using SP Flash Tool for Windows 10 then you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, you will have to download the respective custom ROM for your Android MediaTek device.
- Now unzip the contents of the downloaded file into a separate folder.
- Now you will have to start your Windows PC in “device driver signature disabled” mode.
- If you don’t have the latest drivers installed, then download and install MediaTek USB-VCOM drivers.
- If you don’t know how to do it, then check out the tutorial mentioned below.
- Now launch SP Flash Tool as Run As Administrator.
- Simply click “Scatter-loading” and load the scatter file which is located in the firmware file.
- Click on “Download Agent”, navigate to the folder where you have done SP Flash Tool download.
- Find and select the “MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin” file.
- Now click on the “Format” tab and check the validation.
- Switch off your Android device and connect it to PC using the USB cable.
- Then click the Start button and format the device.
- Next, disconnect the device and click on the download button under the download tab.
- Again connect the device.
- Now the installation of Custom ROM will begin.
- It might take about 10 minutes to complete or more, depending on your device.
- If you’ve done everything correctly and if everything went as we wanted then a Green Tick will appear after successful installation.
How To Install MediaTek USB-VCOM Drivers On Windows
There are possibilities that the drivers might not install on your Windows device. So, in that case, you will have to install them using another method. It will disable the signature verification process so you can install third-party drivers on Windows PC. So if you want to know how to flash stock ROM using SP Flash Tool latest, install MediaTek drivers following the below steps:
- First of all click on Start Button -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery.
- Tap on Advanced Startup -> Restart Now.
- Then Troubleshoot -> Advanced Options -> Start-up Settings -> Restart.
- Your system will restart automatically.
- Before the Windows logo shows up, keep pressing F7 key.
- Once done, restart your computer and now you will be able to install USB-VCOM drivers without any problems.
So this is all about SP Flash Tool ROM Flashing and we hope now you know how to flash Android using SP Flash Tool. We have also told you about how to install stock ROM using SP Flash Tool and you can use the same procedure to flash MediaTek stock ROMs. There are many tools and software available out there to do this, but according to us Smart Phone Flash Tool aka SP Flash Tool works best among them.
We will keep updating this post with new methods to flash ROM using SP Flash Tool, so keep visiting Hacking News Tutorials to know about them. You can also check YouTube about the tutorials on how to use SP Flash Tool with specific processors like MTK 6572, MTK 6582, MTK 6589, or MTK 6592. If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section.